The Visian Candidate
The Visian ICL is a state-of-the-art solution that’s ideal for anyone with the need or desire for quality vision correction. Produced by STAAR® Surgical Company, the Visian ICL has numerous advantages including its correction of the widest range of myopia, or “nearsightedness.
After a comprehensive eye examination, the ophthalmologist will
discuss various refractive surgery options including the
implantation of a lens like the Visian ICL, and/or laser
refractive surgery. Based on your correction needs, eye health,
medical history, and desired outcome for refractive surgery,
your eye surgeon will determine if you are a good candidate for
the Visian ICL.
Good candidates for the Visian
ICL include patients who:
- Are between the ages of 21 and 45.
- Are nearsighted with or without astigmatism* or farsighted*, including those with mild, moderate, and severe myopia (as low as -3D to as high as -20D prescription) with minor or no occurrence of astigmatism. The Visian Toric ICL™, capable of correcting myopia with astigmatism, is currently under review with the U.S. FDA. The Visian TICL™ is currently available only outside of the United States.
- Have sufficient anterior chamber depth and acceptable endothelial cell density (this will be determined by an ophthalmologist after a comprehensive eye exam).
- Have not had a change in their eyeglass prescription of more than 0.5D in a year.
- Are not currently pregnant.
- Have no other contraindications including no known allergies to medications used during refractive surgery.
- Have dry eyes, severe myopia, or a thin cornea (non-LASIK candidate).