- The FDA has approved CRT for people with up to six diopters of myopia (-6.00 on your prescription); you may also have up to -1.75 diopters of astigmatism. The CRT procedures can be performed on practically anyone of any age, with healthy eyes.
- CRT is for people of any age who are nearsighted.
- Paragon CRT is the first therapeutic lens design Approved by the FDA for overnight contact lens Corneal Refractive Therapy for the temporary reduction of myopia
- The FDA placed no age restrictions on candidates for Corneal Refractive Therapy with Paragon CRT. CRT is being successfully performed on children 12 years old & younger.
- CRT is a great option for children and teens that are active in sports activities or any other extra curricular activities.
- Not everyone can wear
Paragon CRT. Paragon CRT therapeutic lenses are not yet available
for those who require reading glasses or bifocals (presbyopia). You
may be fitted in a monovision mode (one eye corrected for near
vision and one corrected for distance vision). You might still need
reading glasses. However, since there are many variations in patient
physiology and visual needs, the decision for CRT, at any age, can
only be made after a thorough eye exam by us. At this time,
farsightedness (hyperopia) is not correctable with CRT.